- Backcountry Iron’s colorful enamel finish 3.5 quart braiser distributes heat evenly for superior browning and searing to provide an elite cooking experience. Our Desert Ruby Red enamel coating offers a great vintage look! This large braiser has a diameter of 12.25 inches and holds 3.5 quarts. Similar size as a standard 12 inch skillet.
- Self-basting lid provides an extra 1.75 inch of cooking clearance and circulates moisture for juicy, tender meat. The wide cooking surface is great for reducing sauces, and braising tough meats like short ribs, oxtail, and lamb shanks. This large braiser is ready for one pot meals to feed the whole family, or baking things like pies and cornbread.
- The light interior cleans easily, and resists odors. Our enameled cookware is compatible with gas, induction, and electric cooktops. Withstanding temperatures up to 500° Fahrenheit, this versatile braiser gives you the confidence to make anything from any cookbook. Take your cooking skills to the next level with our cerise casserole.
- The tight fitting lid allows you to cover meals while cooking to lock in moisture, keeping food from scorching or drying out. Accommodates meals like lasagna, roasts, and stews without issue. Also doubles as a dutch oven or casserole dish for other baking needs as well!
- Compare our Backcountry Iron 3.5 quart braiser to EC3CC42PLT LODGE CAST IRON AMERICAN MADE SINCE 1896. Also compared with Le Creuset and Staub brasiers and casserole dishes.
The Backcountry Iron enameled cast iron braiser is paired with a lid and built to last! Big enough to fit your roasts, casseroles, and even Thanksgiving marshmallow yams. Its roomy 3.5 quarts can be used for braises, stews, steaming, shallow frying, you name it. Bake it, boil it, or braise it, our enameled cast iron cookware is up to the challenge, providing even heating and superior searing! Our Story: Backcountry Iron is a small artisan company of foodies, home cooks, and professional chefs. We are passionate about great food and that drove us to create our own cast iron cookware – its versatility, heat retention, and ease-of-use made cast iron an obvious choice for us. We strive to design and manufacture timeless, high quality cast iron cookware that will last generations.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.